Saturday, February 5, 2011

Emma. . .

I’ve been debating on what I should write for this last journal entry (for the week) and I think I’ll share with all of you about my dog, Emma. I was about ten years old when my mother and father got me Emma, which is a Rat Terrier, I remember driving out about an hour away (don’t remember what town we got her form) to a breeders house and there she was, long thin legs and a shot body, big bat ears, and stubby tail. She was a cute awkward looking pup kind of reminded me of a new born calf or fawn, but full of energy and loved giving kisses. Her coat was white with black patches like one of those milk cows.

Emma was a very fast, smart dog she could climb fences like it was her birth right, she love to hunt for mice, rabbits, snakes, chipmunks, basically anything that moved really fast.  But when it came to our hand raised rabbits she played in the cage with them eat with them, and even sleep with them. She was a very kind and loving dog very gentle and could always put a smile on your face.

She was the world to me, the best dog anyone could ask for but a few years down the road (like 8yrs) she had gotten a heart murmur(sp?) and the vet said that its normally not a big deal but if it gets worse she could just drop dead one day but chances are she’ll live for a while.

He was right she didn’t pass away till May 16th, 2010 (2yr later). That day was the worst day of my life. I came home from work to my dad standing in the door way and he just hugged me and said “I’m sorry”. At first I was like what, then it hit me and I started say “Wheres my dog” over and over then he said she died in the backyard when she was playing she just dropped dead. After that I lost it and walls got holes in them and I wouldn’t come out of my room for the rest of the day.

 It was the most heartbreaking experience in my life. A 10 year close relationship with her and then BOOM gone one day.. I still get upset about it, but it hurts just a little less each day.

<3

1 comment:

Krista said...

awww this post breaks my heart :( pets are huge parts of peoples lives and their deaths can hurt just as much as a family members.