Friday, February 4, 2011

I Expect. . .

I really don’t want to write this blog, it’s just too much thinking for me to sit here and make something good come out of my brain. However I have high set goals this semester because I hardly passed any of my classes last semester other than beginning camping and English comp. I was put on academic probation, which is I guess you can’t sign up for more than 13 credit hours or something like that I honestly don’t know, but what I do know is that it’s a bad thing.

So I’m trying really hard to do my homework and actually read the text books that I spent way too much money on. Also if I need help with any of my stuff I’m so taking advantage of the tutors they have here. Then listening in class and taking notes are my biggest issue I can never focus and if I don’t understand a word they are saying I’ll just end up getting angry then go into la-la land. But I’m going really well so far and I’m not too far behind and I’m getting closer to reaching my goals.

But there is a flip side, I do expect a lot out of my teachers because I do pay them a lot of money to teach me something. But just some of these teachers really do suck, either they sound like they hate their jobs or like they want to kill half of the student because they make a judgment before they even know any of the students then it’s too late because that student hates them now, so it’s a fail-fail situation and everyone’s time gets wasted. And most of all I hate teachers that complain and make fuss out of a student because there a little slow or shy or just weird. I’ve overheard way too much of that but I’m getting off topic now…     

So I expect that my teachers take the time to teach a lesson properly and with some fun mixed in with it, because who likes to learn form a boring old grouch? I expect them to be fair and know what they are teaching (we’ve all had a teacher that had no clue) and simply to make it fun to learn and shape my mushy brain right.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm glad you posted this, for multiple reasons.

The first is the idea of a student being singled out for whatever reason. I see this happening in our class--and the ways I've been reluctant to squash the conversation--and would like for that to change. Now. Thanks for calling it out.

The second is your comment that there are services available for students. Absolutely. I had been debating a trip over to the Commons, and you've just given me a very good reminder why I should follow up on that.

And finally, I appreciate your willingness to examine not only your struggles, but also your ability to articulate the steps you need to take, for yourself, to bring all of the pieces together. It's kind of a big deal.